VOX POPVLI :

VOX POPVLI :



Latin: /'vɒks pɒpjʉliː/ VOICE OF THE PEOPLE



It's Winter and we're Migrating

Exciting web developments are allowing us to migrate to an independent page of the school website within the month.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dreamers of Tomorrow by A Hess

My head is spinning
My breath comes fast
Images are blurred
Future, present and past

A flash of light
The movement slows
What wonders what
This scene will hold

I see an ocean
Of dark red blood
A field of corpses
Left in the mud.

All these horrors
This pain and sorrow
Is this what's left
For the dreamers of tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. So shocking, sorrowful and poignant. The last stanza is especially effective in carrying across your message, and I really feel the sorrow and anger in your poem.

    (And yes I know, my professional tone must be irritating...)

    ReplyDelete